[PD] Gui Font in 0.48.1 on Debian?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 17 17:02:39 CEST 2018

On 2018-04-17 16:43, Peter P. wrote:
> * IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> [2018-04-17 13:00]:
>> On 2018-04-17 12:24, Peter P. wrote:
>>> * Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com> [2018-04-16 14:42]:
>>> Actually, if I install via
>>>
>>> 	sudo aptitude install puredata=0.47.1-3
>>>
>>> $ pd -version
>>> still gives me
>>> 	Pd-0.48.1 ("") compiled for Debian (0.48.1-4) on 2018/03/04 at 19:05:23 UTC
>>>
>>> weird...
>>
>> the problem is, that "puredata" is only a meta-package that depends on
>> puredata-core, puredata-gui and more.
>> downgrading the meta-package might not downgrade puredata-gui and
>> puredata-core (the latter being the one that prints the version number,
>> the former being the one that would have the problems with the font).
> Thanks, I was suspecting this. Out of interest, is it normal that the
> meta package does not downgrade the depending packages?

i would say so, yes.
after all, downgrading packages is not really supported.
(the usual impliciation being, that configuration files will only be
converted into one direction.)

since i'm pretty convinced that your problem is not about the actual
Pd-version, i'm going to spend approximately zero time to support
downgrading if i'm not forced by some policy to do so).

so rather than spending much time with downgrading the package, i would
do other tests, like creating a new user and see whether the problem
persists in the pristine account.

(you also might want to consider adding the additional information
requested in your sf ticket.)

gfasmdr
IOhannes