[PD] Gem automatically loads a path? (was Re: How to declare custom libraries in abstractions)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 20 08:40:09 CEST 2018

On 2018-04-20 05:54, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

>> Gem is special, as it adds its own path to Pd's search path and the user
>> shouldn't manually do that.
>>

> Hi, how can I test this and check it? I was doing this on my own but it
> seems I just got confused.

- remove all (Gem-related) paths and libs from your startup settings (or
start Pd with "-noprefs".
- instantiate one of Gem's abstractions, e.g. [hsv2rgb] -- it should fail
- load the Gem library (e.g. "-lib Gem" or [declare -lib Gem])
- instantiate one of Gem's abstractions, e.g. [hsv2rgb] -- it should
instantiate.

fgmasdr
IOhannes