[PD] Gem automatically loads a path? (was Re: How to declare custom libraries in abstractions)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:06:22 CEST 2018

I can load [hsv2rgb] in Pd Extended 0.42-5, but it actually load
markex/hsv2rgb instead, which is a compiled object, not an abstraction -
these are the loaded objects in the help file of gem/hsv2rgb by the way, so
that was very confusing, making me believing you could "lock" an
abstraction somehow with Gem, leading me to question on how can one do that
in that other thread...

Anyway, all I tried here, with Extended and new Vanilla, didn't really
work, but I see there's code in Gem 0.93-3 that tries to do that, and also
that currently Gem uses a different approach from
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/commit/c917dd1938e8b48927dc6414916bdc47bbcfeb34

I tested the "new way" with cyclone and it kinda works, despite the
consistency error. So maybe you mean about a new version of Gem that wasn't
released yet, and that you'd have to compile yourself?

Anyway, I'm really confused and curious to know if this is being done, if
there's a bug, whatever's going on.

cheers