[PD] [shell] - shell scripts on osx, solved !

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Fri Apr 20 11:50:57 CEST 2018

thanks a lot, IOhannes !

your first answer pointed to the right direction.
i found the solution after digging a bit more in the archives:

for non-native executables (FFPLAY in my case) you need to provide
absolute paths in the shell scripts.

so, while a shell script that reads:

ffplay -i MYSTREAM

works ok when run from the terminal, a shell script called from [shell]
needs to be:

/usr/local/bin/ffplay -i MYSTREAM

>> thought so, but where to look ? since the [shell] operation is in the
>> background i don't really have a terminal to check for errors.
>
> start Pd from the terminal.
> then watch the terminal where you started Pd from.

also very helpful !

best

oliver