[PD] [PD-announce] ofelia v1.0.8 released

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Sun Apr 29 01:46:22 CEST 2018

hi, zack !

fantastic work, looks very exciting and promising !

i have yet to check all the help patches, which are nicely organized and
layouted and very informative ! i just did a quick test of the Gem
example, but ...

Zack Lee wrote:
> Hi, ofelia v1.0.8 is now available.
>
> You can use GEM with ofelia thanks toArnaud Courcelle
> <https://www.facebook.com/arno.courcelle?fref=gs&dti=4729684494&hc_location=group>who
> created [ofGemwin] and [ofGemhead] abstractions.
> Please try out "ofelia/examples/gem/main.pd" to learn how to use GEM
> with ofelia. I've only tested this on macOS by the way.

... unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on windows (W 7 / 64bit).

the windows stay black and turning ofGemhead on/off doesn't change
anything. the image seems to load ok though (no error messages)

the PD console also doesn't output anything (in debug mode)

yes, ofelia + Gem would be great !

> Also, I added some utility objects for creating message and file
> opening/saving dialogs.
> screenshot:
> https://github.com/cuinjune/ofxOfelia/blob/master/doc/textbox_screenshot.png
> You can find these objects inside [pd system] subpatch in UTILS section
> of "ofelia/help-intro.pd".

very nice. if i might add a little wish here:

a position/size argument or message for the dialog window ?

best

oliver