[PD] Piano roll sequence display

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 22:13:12 CEST 2018

On Mon, 2018-04-30 at 11:20 -0400, William Brent wrote:
> Has anyone done something like this using [struct]/[polygon], even
> just for sequence display purposes and not editable via mouse
> clicking/dragging? I did a quick search of the archives but haven't
> found anything.

There is unstep[1] in netpd, which is a sequencer abstractions that
some instruments use. It's only able to trigger notes and has no notion
of note lengths or velocity, but number of rows and columns can be
dynamically set. It's based on an abstraction called ungrid[2] which
works also outside the netpd context and which comes a with a proper
help.

[1] https://netpd.org/~roman/tmp/unstep.png
[2] https://github.com/reduzent/netpd-instruments/blob/master/abs/ungrid.pd

Roman