[PD] GEM: text bounding boxes?

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Fri May 4 10:45:03 CEST 2018

Hello list,

Is there a way to get the bounding boxes for [text2d/3d] objects in GEM?
Essentially what I want to do is have centered lines of text on a screen
and highlight words one at a time (so 2 text objects displaying the same
text, one for the highlighted words, one not, justified left and
centered manually).

It looks like [text2d/3d] have second outlets that output lists "bbox 0
0 0 0 0 0" (which I'm assuming means bounding box) but these bbox lists
for me only ever output 0s. This is from a build from the source on
github done within a week or so ago but maybe this could also be
something in the build not going right on my machine if nobody else is
having these issues...

Thx

--
Derek Kwan