[PD] open a pdf file from within PD to a specific location

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Sun May 6 05:51:55 CEST 2018

Hi all

You can use [pddplink] from the pddp library to open a file from the hard disk (or the as-yet unreleased [link] from ELSE). What I would like to do is open a pdf file to a specific location. According to Adobe<https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_open_parameters_v9.pdf>, you should be able to use "/path/to/file.pd#page=20". This works if I'm opening a web URL, but I can't get it to work opening a local file from the hard drive.

I said in the subject-line that it was a pdf file, but if I could get it to work with an odt or a local html document I would be just as happy. I've tried many things but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any suggestions?