[PD] PdLua on Mac OS X El Capitan not working

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:01:48 CEST 2018

I just installed it and the library is loading for me on 10.13 with 0.48-1. I let Deken add the path for me and was able to create a [pdlua] object directly. Do you have any other settings or paths which might be conflicting? You could run Pd in verbose mode to see how it's looking for pdlua.

I'm also running the 32 bit Pd, although the external is built for 32 and 64 bit, so it should work on either.

> On May 7, 2018, at 12:49 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 13:56:18 +0000
> From: Jens Ahrens <jens.ahrens at chalmers.se <mailto:jens.ahrens at chalmers.se>>
> To: "pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>" <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: [PD] PdLua on Mac OS X El Capitan not working
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I used the latest pre-compiled vanilla distribution from https://puredata.info/downloads/pure-data <https://puredata.info/downloads/pure-data> .
>
> I then installed a few externals according to the official instructions using "Help -> Find externals” inside pd. It worked well for iemlib and iemnet.
>
> I didn’t get an error message when installing PdLua. The according files were indeed downloaded to my computer. Interestingly, the path to PdLua was not added automatically to the pd path list. It was added for iemlib and iemnet though.
>
> Even if I add the path to PdLua manually, no Lua objects inside my pd patches are being recognised. Even not in the PdLua help files.
>
> I’d be grateful for any ideas!
>
> Greets,
> Jens

--------