[PD] scrolling in a patch window

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 04:47:29 CEST 2018

Hi all

Here are some thoughts about window scrolling in a PD patch.

1. It would be a great enhancement if you could use the PageUp & PageDown buttons to scroll around a patch, like in a text editor.

2. Currently you can scroll vertically using touchpad scrolling (ie. two-finger scrolling), but you can't scroll horizontally. Is there a reason for this? Personally, I think it would be great if you could move around the whole patch using touchpad scrolling. Currently, if you want to move left or right, you can only use the scroll-bar.

This enhancement would also allow you to navigate more effectively with touch-screen devices (assuming that touching and dragging the screen is the same mechanism as touchpad scrolling).

Would other people approve of this?

3. Occasionally while I'm patching, touchpad scrolling seems to lock up for a particular window and I have to resort to using the scroll-bar. I don't think it's a system issue since I've noticed it on a variety of machines. If I re-open the window it's back to normal, but I can't find any other triggers. Do other people experience this? I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm unintentionally doing something to switch it off.

Liam