[PD] tcl error

José Rafael Subía Valdez jsubiavaldez at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:10:37 CEST 2018

Dear list I am currently developing a big patch for a piece.

It uses a lot of graphics objects for the GUI and this is separated from
the audio process by using [pd~] object.

I run the GUI from an abstraction which I open with

|vis 1 (

[sendcanvas]

the patch works with no problem, except sometimes when I open the
abstraction and I close it again, I get the following:

(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x55bd8cfa9d70.c"
    while executing
"$tkcanvas itemconfig $tag -text $text"
    (procedure "pdtk_text_set" line 2)
    invoked from within
"pdtk_text_set .x55bd8cfa9d70.c .x55bd8cfa9d70.t55bd8d8d3360 {60.96}"
    ("uplevel" body line 10)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $docmds"

in Mac 10.10, this completely freezes the GUI (faders mainly) while on
Linux it works better but eventually, it freezes the GUI after opening the
window and closing it a couple of times.

there are a lot of messages coming back from [pd~] using [stdout], this
flow of data is interrupted first before closing the window, but I still
get these errors.

any help would be deeply appreciated

cheers
--