[PD] iemguts for mac-ppc

rolfm at dds.nl rolfm at dds.nl
Sun May 13 14:01:57 CEST 2018

katja schreef op 12-05-2018 12:32:
> On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 4:08 PM, <rolfm at dds.nl> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> trying to install an up-to-date IEMGUTS for/on an old mac-ppc.
>> (because deken presents an old version)
>>
>> the readme.txt of IEMGUTS says:
>>
>> installation::
>> --------------
>> #2> make
>> #3> make install
>>
>> "make" seems to work allright,
>> but "make install" gives 'no rule for make target install'
>
> This behavior isn't reproducible for me (on Linux). Can you run
> command 'make vars' and check the following:
>
> 1. What is the value of 'version' (gives the makefile version)?
>
> 2. Do values of variables 'executables', 'datafiles' and 'datadirs'
> correspond with actual files in the source tree?

@ katja,

thanks to your questions the solution was simple.

i did start inside the /src folder of iemguts, where is also a makefile.
'make vars' like 'make install' gave 'no rule...',
while 'make' did work (like i said in the first mail).

changing to the main folder did the trick.

so it works, but (small nuisance) the install does not take the path
that's in my preferences.

dank anyway,
rolf