[PD] GEM & RPi

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:26:09 CEST 2018

Short answer: simple pygame script with an OSC receiver. I think GEM is overkill for just a text countdown timer. Another option is to make an OpenFrameworks app which you can run on the commandline without X windows and save lots of RAM and CPU. :) This may or may not require too much extra time, to set up though, but thats' who I'd do it.

> On May 16, 2018, at 1:21 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 12:41:05 +0200
> From: michael strohmann <itsnotfair9 at gmail.com <mailto:itsnotfair9 at gmail.com>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: [PD] GEM & RPi
>
> Hi!
>
> the short question:
> what would be the least resource intense method to display a 10min Countdown?
> (need to listen to a trigger on netreceive)

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>