[PD] Preferences=>audio: block size & sys_getblksize

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed May 16 23:47:29 CEST 2018

Hi, I never understood what the block size settings in audio settings
(Preferences=>audio) does. Manual says "You can also specify the audio
block size in sample frames. This is 64 by default (except for MMIO for
which it's 256), and may be 64, 128, or 256." I don't know what MMIO is,
but if I try different block sizes, I don't see any reflection in Pd's block
size, which continues to be 64, and can only be controlled and set by block.

Moreover, I'm using sys_getblksize() in a code, and I always get "64" as
the result, even if I change the block size in audio Settings or with
[block~]. So, what would sys_getblksize be then?

cheers