[PD] Pd sometimes not outputting sound when launched on boot

Alexandros adrcki at gmail.com
Fri May 18 09:16:22 CEST 2018

On 17/05/2018 09:28 μμ, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> This is usually due to Pd starting up too quickly with -nogui and not
> setting up the audio in time.
>
> I assume you're using a loading to turn on DSP in the patch, try
> adding a delay ala:
>
> [loadbang]
> |
> [delay 100]
> |
> [ pd dsp 1; <
Well, I'm using a physical switch to turn the DSP on, doing it manually.
When the Pd patch is opened, the DSP LED blinks once, to notify me of Pd
being ready (without turning on the actual DSP). After the LED blinks
(which takes 500 ms), I turn the DSP on with the switch. So, that
shouldn't be the problem.