[PD] Data structures - delete specific scalar?

Ingo Stock mail at ingostock.de
Sun May 20 02:00:32 CEST 2018

Thanks for your testing!

The lag appears on my computer already with the patch i sent with the
1050 scalars. It shows when i open the patch, create any object, say a
[float] and try to move it around.

With more scalars it can become even worse. You can test it with the
attached patch. First select width and height and then click create. It
creates a rectangle made of width x height one-pixel-scalars.

With about 100 x 100 pixel, clearing the patch becomes increasingly
slow. With 640 x 256 pixel, it took more than nine minutes on my
computer to clear the subpatch or even to close the window, so be warned! ;)

The reason for the lag is afaik, that all interface objects are
constantly redrawn by Tcl, so it is not limited to scalars.

best, ingo