[PD] Data structures - delete specific scalar?

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Sun May 20 15:41:52 CEST 2018

as I recall, in a mail Miller said that it wasn't easy to implement a
"delete" (or "previous" etc.) methods, because it would mix up the pointer
structures. But most likely I'm remembering incorrectly.

The lag with scalars is a real thing, as with any other canvas with lots
of gui objects running in tcl/tk - including that in scalars you have
extra lag if you move the mouse over them, even without clicking.
Switching off the mouse detection on demand would make things faster.

I have a patch with more than 33548 scalars, and it takes several minutes
to open in my desktop; on my laptop, it just stays there with cpu at 100%
without opening.

Best,

Joao