[PD] deken package question

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jun 3 21:00:31 CEST 2018

On Sun, Jun 03, 2018 at 03:57:27AM +0000, Liam Goodacre wrote:
> I'm not asking for anything to be changed, just  seeking advice on how to make my upload without messing it up.

but *I* am looking for a solution that makes the cmdline utility more usable -
even if it requires changing things.

> If I generate the package,  delete the dummy external and the checksum, then upload the package (generating a new checksum), will it work?

i still don't understand what you mean by "delete the dummy external".

probably something like the following:

~~~
cp context/foo/bar.pd_linux  context/
deken package --version 0.1 context
zip -d context\[v0.1\]*.dek context/bar.pd_linux
rm context\[v0.1\]*.dek.*
deken upload context\[v0.1]*.dek
~~~

the above *should* work (the principle; i haven't run any of the commands)
but heck, the worst thing that can happen if it doesn't
work is that you there has been some bogus upload to puredata.info, which can
manually fix; or that there hasn't been an upload at all.

fmgards
IOhannes