[PD] intelligent patching

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 7 09:10:36 CEST 2018

first off, i discovered that the "intelligent patching" feature actually
comes from Pd-l2ork (and Purr-Data, as the new incarnation of Pd-l2ork
inherited it). sorry for the improper credits.

On 2018-06-07 02:30, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> As long as we're at it, here's an upcoming feature from max 8 that I like
> even better. Holding shift and dragging objects in and out of cords
> magically connect/disconnect them.
>
> It's the 1st feature in here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk6fv4hXaGg&feature=youtu.be

i thought about that, but it is much more complicated to implement than
what i just did (i think).

there's sometzhing similar with the triggerize-plugin (i mentioned in my
announcment post), that at least allows you to insert an dummy object
into a connection (just select the connection and press "triggerize").

also it is unclear to me, whether this is restricted to the first iolet
of the shift-dragged object or if you can select others as well (and if
so: how).

and what about multiple objects? and objects that are moved by cursor-keys?

fgmasdr
IOhannes