[PD] use gl_VertexID

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 13:12:23 CEST 2018

Hi Philippe,

On 14/06/18 10:51, Philippe Boisnard wrote:
> I continue to search to use gl_VertexID
>
> when I want to declare a version in vertex shader script, I want to declare for example
> #version 2.1 (it’s the openGL version when I check with print gemwin)
> but I have this in the PD_Terminal
> ERROR: 0:1: '' :  version '2' is not supported

The GL/GLSL version numbering is a bit obscure:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19021567/finding-supported-glsl-version#19022416

For OpenGL 2.1 you need this as first line of your shader:

#version 120

The good news is that gl_VertexID is supported in almost all GLSL versions:

http://docs.gl/sl4/gl_VertexID

For OpenGL ES (as found on embedded devices, eg mobile phones) you might
not be so lucky:

http://docs.gl/el3/gl_VertexID

But I don't know if Gem supports attribute-less rendering (ie, just
using gl_VertexID without any vertex data or element index buffers).

Claude

https://mathr.co.uk