[PD] MIDI timing FIFO overflowed receiving sysex (pt.2)

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 00:08:19 CEST 2018

Hi Dan,

the last patch I tried has only a [midiin] connected to a counter made
with Pd objects in Vanilla, so that I could count the number of incoming
messages. Unfortunately I cannot give you (at least at the moment) the
sysex file, since is sent by a piece of hardware. my sneaky suspicious
is that the issue is "rate related". It looks to me like Pd tries to
keep up but without any success.

another thing that pops up in my mind is the sysex length. in my case
the messages are 256 bytes long, do we have any restriction in Pd?

anyway I'll try to capture the sysex using a different tool and send it
over to you.

cheers,

Mario