[PD] [feature request] cloning array define?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Mon Jun 18 14:43:48 CEST 2018

> I'd still like to be able to use clone to dynamically load abstractions/subpatches in the future, so I don't think you'd want to default to creating a sub patch then.

where do you see the conflict? I like the idea of dynamically loading abstractions but you would still need to provide an initial abstraction (even if it's just a dummy) to tell [clone] which inlets/outlets you want. generally, you can't load abstractions with differing inlets/outlets because that would mess up the connections.

dynamically loading abstractions is trivial to implement. loading subpatches could work in the sense that the content of a given subpatch simply gets copied into the canvas owned by [clone]. the tricky part is how to automatically reflect changes in the original subpatch. I can see how it could work but I don't know if it's worth the hassle... in the worst case, the user has to manually reload the subpatch.

Christof