[PD] libpd4unity + sigmund

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 19 10:12:40 CEST 2018

On 2018-06-19 09:53, hi via Pd-list wrote:
> Dear community
>
> I have a Unity project with libpd4unity [*1] going to be build on android and heavily depending on [sigmund~] or [fiddle~] for pitch detection. Sadly i discovered that these fft object do not work! Is there anybody who has a working version, some workaround or anything of help??

both [sigmund~] and [fiddle~] are externals, shipped with Pd but as
separate binaries.
to make externals work with libpd, your system must support dlopen()
(which completely rules out iOS) and it has to be able to find the
external binaries (on android, i think they must be renamed to
"lib<filename>.so", so instead of "sigmund~.pd_linux" you would have a
file "libsigmund_tilde.so"). check the logs to see whether they could be
found and opened.

the alternative, is to just statically link the externals into Pd.
the libpd buildsystem provides an `EXTRA=true` option that will
automatically do that for you.
see https://github.com/libpd/libpd#building-libpd
(i have no clue how to integrate that into libpd4unity)

msdt
IOhannes