[PD] Puredata and DMX using OLA

JP - Escarres jpescarres at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 05:37:32 CEST 2018

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to make my DMX interface (Enttec OpenDMX USB) work with Pd.
I read a lot of things about it, and probably the best way to make it work
would be by using Open Lighting Architecture (
https://www.openlighting.org/ola/)
I'd like to avoid using something like QLC if possible.
I'm on Linux (Ubuntu).

I found this external http://puredata.info/Members/santi/ola2pd/ which
seems to be perfect for me.
I tried to follow all the steps (installing Ola, compiling Flext), but the
object Ola2pd is not recognized by Pd.
As they suggested, I tried to compile it myself by using Flext. It works,
but still, the object Ola2pd is not recognized in pd.
I received the message "undefined symbol:
_ZTIN3ola6client17BaseClientWrapperE"

Any idea of what I could do?
Do you know if some other externals exist for the job?
Or if there's some other solutions for controlling a DMX Interface with Pd?

Thanks in advance if you can help