[PD] [PD-announce] Context 4.0 now available on Deken

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:19:17 CEST 2018

Hello patchers

Context 4.0 is now available on Deken! This is a milestone release--it's fully documented, more or less stable, and should work "out of the box" with its own externals*. You can download it in Vanilla 0.48.1 by going to Help --> Find Externals and searching for "context".

Context is a modular sequencer that re-imagines musical compositions as a networks. It combines traditional step sequencing and timeline playback with non-linear and algorithmic paradigms, all in a small but advanced GUI.

Unlike most other sequencing software, Context is not an environment. It is a single object which may be replicated and interconnected to create an environment in the form of a network. There are endless possibilities in creating Context networks, and the user has a great deal of control over how their composition will function.

See a short demonstration video here<https://youtu.be/oHnRsi3saXI>.

Thanks to everyone on this list who has helped me with Context over the years! And happy patching.

Liam

* Context is an abstraction which relies heavily on standard external libraries (Cyclone, Zexy, Else, etc.). At the request of many new users, I've included copies of those externals with this release so that it runs "out of the box", but I know that this will cause problems for and probably irritate advanced patchers like yourselves. The easiest way to disable Context's built-in externals is simply to delete the relevant folders from the main Context directory. PD will then proceed to search for them in your regular search directories. There are more details about this in the readme file.