[PD] Puredata and DMX using OLA

Peter Venus news at petervenus.de
Mon Jun 25 12:26:19 CEST 2018

Hello!

i am using a different solution to control DMX:
i struggeled as well with enttecs openDMXusb and i am now using an

Enttec ODE (open DMX Ethernet)
https://www.enttec.com/eu/products/controls/dmx-over-ethernet/ode-mk2-open-dmx-ethernet/

This allows me to send Artnet-protocol commands via Ethernet directly
from PD by using the netsend-objects.

Of course, one has to wrap his/her head around the artnet-protocoll, but
marian weger did already and build some very nice vanilla-only abstractions,

[artnetout]
[makeartdmx]

these can be found in his git within his kollabs-abstractions:

https://github.com/m---w/kollabs

maybe this helps?

The only drawback when using the enttec ODE: to configure it, the
quickest way is to use enttecs own configuration software,which is win
and mac...(i did not try using it via wine)

enjoy,

peter