[PD] Puredata and DMX using OLA

JP - Escarres jpescarres at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 04:44:29 CEST 2018

Thanks for your solution.
I finally didn't have to try it because I finally made the other solution I
was working on work.
Here is what I've done:

My main mistake was about compiling the ola2pd object with flext.
in the readme.txt, there was a part I didn't understand first, so I skipped
it :
"For Ubuntu there is an aditional compilation step. Ubuntu's gcc has a
option making buils.sh doesn't link correctly the OLA library.
You can copy the last command of the build.sh terminal output and change
the option -lola to the end of the command."
That was the solution for compiling ola2pd, then after that the pd object
worked perfectly.

Then I started OLA, and started configuring it here http://localhost:9090
The important part (and I lost a lot of time because of it) was to disable
the "Enttec Open DMX Plugin" and "Serial USB Plugin", then enable the "FTDI
USB DMX Plugin".
I added an output device/port (called FT232R USB UART in my case), then
after that I was able to control the lights by using the DMX Console / DMX
Monitor (still in http://localhost:9090)

In Pd, the object ola2pd is really easy to use (see the help file) and does
the same job as the DMX Console.

Done!