[PD] Random

Fede Camara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 19:51:13 CEST 2018

Hello,

I find it useful to wrap random in an abstraction, so that I use $2 as an instance id, to both receive a "seed" and to add the abstraction id to the seed.

But, it would be really useful to have a unique instance id already generated in the [random] object, and a global symbol to bind all [random]s to send a seed and increment it by each unique id.

what do you think? is this possible?

I tested briefly and thie wrapping method really gives different random streams provided there is a different seed when opening the patch

cheers,

fede