[PD] getting OSCx library to load correctly in 48.1

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 10:34:46 CEST 2018

hey folks, on a Mac, with 48.1 vanilla and i'm trying to load the OSCx
library at startup and not getting anywhere. using this with TouchOSC,
which is apparently not compatible with netsend or netreceive, even in UDP
mode. everything works smoothly in PurrData but for vanilla 48.1 i have to
manually load the OSC-help file and then refresh the object in my patch and
then it finds it.

just curious how library loading of externals is now handled. i have a
search path set at /Users/(my username)/Documents/Pd/externals/ but that
won't load the library. the startup option might work but so far i haven't
figured out the right combination to load the library properly. maybe this
one needs embedding as part of the app's Package Contents? in the README
file theres also this bit to run it with pd:

pd -lib OSC OSCx/doc/OSC-help.pd

i think the paths have changed - mine just starts at externals/oscx/ and
dumps all the objects in there. at any rate, any help appreciated! i'm
definitely not as familiar with configuring startup libraries...

scott