[PD] Pd on Tiny Core Linux on Raspberry Pi

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:13:31 CEST 2018

* Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org> [2018-03-07 09:35]:
> Dear all,
> puredata-0.48-1 is now in the PiCore repository! That's a binary build for tinycorelinux on Raspberry Pi.
> http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/9.x/armv6/tcz/

Thank you! This runs really great (compared to Pd on raspbian) on my
version 1 RPi!
I am currently wondering about realtime priorities:

When I launch pd as user 'tc' I get
	priority 94 scheduling failed.
regardless if I use the -rt flag or not.

When I launch it as root using sudo with or without the -rt flag I get
	[...]
	priority 92 scheduling enabled.
	memory locking enabled.
	[...]
	audio buffer set to 25
	configuring sound output...
	Sample width set to 2 bytes
	running at normal (non-real-time) priority.
	memory locking enabled.
	/usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd-watchdog
	[...]
and htop shows a -93 priority value.
I am curious what the message about non-real-time priority means?

Furthermore, does anyone know if the 'tc' user can be added to an
audiogroup, whose permissions could be elevated through
/etc/security/limits.conf (currently not present in piCore).

This might be off-topic, but has anyone managed to create a persisntent
home directory inside /dev/mmcblk0p2 (the ext2/3 partition created by
piCore itself, which I did maximize already)?

I am so happy my patch runs without dropouts on the RPi 1 and that it
boots so fast!