[PD] Pd on Tiny Core Linux on Raspberry Pi

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Jul 11 10:41:27 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 11/07/18 04:13, Peter P. wrote:
> Furthermore, does anyone know if the 'tc' user can be added to an
> audiogroup, whose permissions could be elevated through
> /etc/security/limits.conf (currently not present in piCore).

I think you could do this by settings the rtprio limit directly in:
/opt/bootscript.sh

It seems that sysctl and ulimit can't set this but maybe this will help:

https://serverfault.com/questions/889635/seting-rtprio-limit-in-system-without-pam

> This might be off-topic, but has anyone managed to create a persisntent
> home directory inside /dev/mmcblk0p2 (the ext2/3 partition created by
> piCore itself, which I did maximize already)?

You can use the command `filetool.sh -b` to backup a snapshot of the
homedir to the SD card and it will be returned to that state on reboot.

There is also a kernel boot parameter to make the homedir persist
automatically:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=15450.0

> I am so happy my patch runs without dropouts on the RPi 1 and that it
> boots so fast!

I'm a huge fan of this platform too! I had the original RPi 1 rendering
mod files to Alsa out and only using 4% CPU.

Probably OT but I gave a talk about my experience with piCore last night
at the local Linux users group:

https://github.com/chr15m/gnu-linux-in-tiny-places-plug

Cheers,

Chris.