[PD] iOS: writesf~ problem

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 15:25:37 CEST 2018

Hi Artem,

On 12/07/18 13:28, artem at katlenok.ru wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> I am having a problem when recording a soundfile using pure data in my
> iOS application.
>
> Just like David’s message here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@lists.iem.at/msg08232.html
> I am having same behaviour with endless recursion:
>
> writesf waiting for disk write..
> (head 524032, tail 0, room 256, want 256)
> ... done waiting.

I got floods of this message when using -batch with something like

[open /path/that/does/not/exist.wav, start(--[writesf~ 2]

so maybe check that you have a valid writeable path...

In my case it was a typo on desktop Linux and easy to fix.  I don't know
where iOS lets you write files.

Claude

--
https://mathr.co.uk