[PD] standard paths for externals

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:12:50 CEST 2018

On Thu, 2018-06-14 at 16:32 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> > Is this the idea?
>
> Yes! And it's working like that in my tests.

Ok, it's working for me, too. I see significant progress in that (after
having cleared all preferences) I end up with a "working" setup by
clicking myself through the defaults. Things get downloaded to
~/Documents/Pd/externals, which was automatically created added to the
search paths. After installing externals through 'Find externals', I
can load them by [declare -lib <mylib>] and [declare -path <mylib>].

So, does that mean the [declare]-flags -stdlib and -stdpath are
obsolete now?

I can't spot any problems with the branch feature/declare-path, but
virtually all of my patches are broken with it because of incompatible
[declare] flags. I like the 'new way' much better, but I wonder what is
a good path to get there. It's actually an easy thing to replace all
occurences of -stdlib/-stdpath with -lib/path. But switching behaviour
from one version of Pd to the next seems bold.

Roman