[PD] sound convolution / phase vocoder

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:11:53 CEST 2018

Note: You should probably statically link fftw3, at least on macOS. Either that, or distribute the dylib with the external somehow.

Here's a quick hack I used when building 64bit only:

define forDarwin
target.arch = x86_64
ldlibs = $(shell pkg-config --variable=libdir fftw3)/libfftw3.a
endef

> On Jul 31, 2018, at 5:58 PM, Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> nevermind, just saw you invitation after sending the e-mail :-)
>
> I didn't know about this group. great to have it!
>
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2018 um 17:56 Uhr
>> Von: "Christof Ressi" <christof.ressi at gmx.at>
>> An: "Dan Wilcox" <danomatika at gmail.com>
>> Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
>> Betreff: Re: [PD] sound convolution / phase vocoder
>>
>>> Why not host bsyalor separately in the pd-externals group?
>>
>> where can I find it?
>>
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2018 um 15:10 Uhr
>> Von: "Dan Wilcox" <danomatika at gmail.com>
>> An: "Christof Ressi" <christof.ressi at gmx.at>
>> Cc: jm.adrien.mnt at gmail.com, Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
>> Betreff: Re: [PD] sound convolution / phase vocoder
>>
>> Why not host bsyalor separately in the pd-externals group?
>>
>> On Jul 31, 2018, at 1:33 PM, Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at[mailto:christof.ressi at gmx.at]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, here's the updated source:
>>
>> https://github.com/Spacechild1/pd-macambira/commit/a9d64860bd2804aaa6530822346b15f78bc1594a[https://github.com/Spacechild1/pd-macambira/commit/a9d64860bd2804aaa6530822346b15f78bc1594a]
>>
>> I fixed both pvoc~ and partconv~ and added pd-lib-builder. Can someone check on OSX (and 64-bit Linux) if this works now and upload the binaries to Deken? I can make a PR to pd-macambira.
>>
>> Christof
>>  Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2018 um 11:59 Uhr
>> Von: "Christof Ressi" <christof.ressi at gmx.at>
>> An: "Dan Wilcox" <danomatika at gmail.com>, Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
>> Betreff: Re: [PD] sound convolution / phase vocoder
>>
>> I had a quick look at the source. Seems like pvoc~ is not 64-bit ready. The offender is the call to "garray_getfloatarray" in "set_array", it should be "garray_getfloatwords" instead and "t_float *array" should be "t_word *array" etc.
>>
>> Actually, a call to "garray_getfloatarray" in 64 bit code should print the following error message: "failed since it uses garray_getfloatarray while running 64-bit!".
>>
>> FWIW, the 32-bit Windows binaries work fine for me.
>>
>> I'll push a fix in a minute.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>