[PD] readsf~: timing of bang at outlet

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Wed Aug 1 21:13:39 CEST 2018

Hi,

the "sinesum" message is meant to be used together with [tabosc4~] and other 4-point interpolation objects because it automatically adds 3 guard points (1 at the beginning, 2 at the end). therefore the array size will never be a multiple of 64 and you'll get clicks when looping with [tabplay~].
it *does*, however, work properly with array sizes which are really multiples of 64 (see attached patch).

regarding [readsf~]: since the object is threaded, I'm not sure if I would even expect it to loop seemlessly...

Christof

*) the sinesum message expects a size argument that is a power of 2. "64000" will get truncated to 32768 and you get an array of size 32771.