[PD] plot questions

rolfm at dds.nl rolfm at dds.nl
Thu Aug 2 20:38:22 CEST 2018

plot questions: multiple arrays

drawing a number of arrays in a [struct] is giving me problems.

it seems that that only when the drawing happens synced, i.e. all
y-values at the same x-moment, there is no 'after effect'.

when the arrays are drawn one after the other there appears a short
extra plotted line at 0,0.
(the attached patch demonstrates this with 2 arrays).

is there a way to get rid of this?

plot questions: properties

going to the properties (right-click in the struct): in the synced
method all the data is shown.
in the other situation(s) only the last drawn array is given.
where are the other data?

plot questions: -n and -v flag

[plot ..] has a -n flag to make it invisible initially.
with this flag set, moving the cursor around in the drawing window
generates error-messages 'plot-n: no such field'.
furthermore it's unclear to me how to change the flag.

for the -v flag i found out by trying this can be changed by sending a 1
or 0 to the plot-inlet. it would be good when this is mentioned in the
help-patch.

(i'm on Windows 10, Pd-0.48-1)

rolf