[PD] Browser UIs for vanilla Pd patches

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:00:58 CEST 2018

Thanks for this Chris, Have yet to try out pd-ws but it might be a bit
simpler for me to plug in place of Nicolas' websockets
for my browser interface to xensynth

https://ia601201.us.archive.org/34/items/xensynth/xesynthcontrol/xensynthcontrol.html

xensynthcontrol.html is  just a bunch of high level stuff that was easier
to do with html javascript than patching up in pd ,
however it's a vital part of my music making when selecting a scale or mode
and  generating a Moments of Symmetry
beatmap for my sequencer.Looks like it will be  good to replace JAVA's
tcp/udp sockets since JAVA is no longer supported
by major web browsers.
video here
https://archive.org/details/xensynthnetworkcontrol

Was getting antsy about a solution, am still kind of iffy because JAVA
worked for so long and the end of mozilla's support
is the end of this month supposedly. JAVA applets were the only cross
platform solution to sockets from browser to pd
as far as I knew. Will websockets last as long as JAVA applets did?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1216281