[PD] [PD-announce] pd version 0.48-2 test1 released

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 22:33:54 CEST 2018

Yeah! Yay!!! Pd update season, one of the top best times of the year!

> To Pd-announce:
>
> Pd version 0.48-2test1 is available on http://msp.ucsd.edu/software.htm

On the website, not all explicitly describe it as version "0.48-2test1",
and have no version instead. The macOS version is still mistakenly
descirbed as 0.48-1

> This test version fixes a number of bugs in Pd 0.48-1.

Regarding bug fixes, I was hoping to draw attention to this one:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/205

This is an important fix for 0.48. It's something I was actually bringing
up that the issue would come up before the release of 0.48

In short, it's a fix for [declare] so we can declare paths relative to the
new location we're using since Pd 0.48 (like ~/Documents/Pd in macOS).
Without this fix, the new location Pd suggests on startup is not yet all
functional because of this issue.

I understand if there can be concerns that this could "break things", but I
just can't see why. It's all backwards compatible and everything, and I've
been using it and testing it for a while now. Anyway, please let me know if
you're considering having a look at this or if it's too late already.

Here are also two harmless documentation updates I did that I think could
be merged for 0.48-2:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/359
and https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/395

thanks