[PD] error compiling Gem on ubuntu 17.10

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 19:47:16 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 06/08/18 18:31, Csaba Láng wrote:
> E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
Oh I forgot this step, sorry.  For Debian, I edit /etc/apt/sources.list
and duplicate lines starting "deb" with copies starting "deb-src"
instead.  Ubuntu maybe slightly different (perhaps it uses files in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/).

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

make a backup first, if you are unsure.  after editing, run

sudo apt update

to refresh the package cache, and retry the build-dep command.

> Can you send mi where can I find the dependecies to Gem?

https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/pd/gem/blob/master/debian/control#L11

but the apt build-dep command gets all of that programmatically

> On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 7:29 PM Claude Heiland-Allen
> <claude at mathr.co.uk <mailto:claude at mathr.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On 06/08/18 18:12, Csaba Láng wrote:
>     > Dear list,
>     > i try to compile on a freshly installed system Gem from
>     > https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem
>     >
>     [...]
>     > I wuld gladly have all the options especially for pix_video to
>     have a
>     > choice (the real aim is to have videoPYLON get wrked on this system)
>     sudo apt build-dep gem
>
>     should get most (all?) of the dependencies needed
>
>     > but make stops at this point:
>     > *TextBase.h:38:12: fatal error: FTFont.h: No such file or directory
>     >  #  include "FTFont.h"*
>     >             ^~~~~~~~~~
>     > compilation terminated.
>     > What do I miss?
>     https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=FTFont.h&mode=&suite=artful&arch=any
>     -> libftfl-dev has /usr/include/FTGL/FTFont.h
>
>     > installed Gem with aptitude together with puredata cannot even
>     create
>     > any Gem related objects.
>     did you load -lib Gem ?

Claude