[PD] high speed usb3 camera can not be found

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 13 13:59:32 CEST 2018

On 2018-08-06 13:31, Csaba Láng wrote:
> and the same for pix_film, no backend found:
> [pix_video]: no video backends found!
> [pix_film]: no movie decoding backends found!
>
> How to fix it?
>
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 12:39 PM Csaba Láng <langcsaba at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What would be the ultimate prefix to configure Gem with videoPYLON plugin?
>> I just compiled from the source 0.93.3 (hope this is the latest as it is
>> always hard to find it) and pix_video did not find any backend not only
>> pylon.

i'm not exactly sure what you mean, but:
- the backends *must* live besides the Gem-binary that you load.
so if you use /home/csaba/.local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux then you
must also have a /home/csaba/.local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/videoPYLON.so
- if instead you use /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux, then the
videoPYLON.so in ~/.local/ will *not* be used
- the backend plugin probably should have the same version as the Gem
version, and it might be required that both have been compiled with the
same compiler (there was a breaking change between g++-4 and g++-5
making binaries incompatible).
if you've already compiled videoPYLON, you should also compile Gem itself.

fgamsdr
IOhannes