[PD] incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 21 10:22:04 CEST 2018

On 2018-08-21 01:35, Fede Camara Halac wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> Thanks so much, yes! I'm puzzled. I've even compiled single-precision fftw and timbreID and still have the crash. It might be my old mac or something I must have in my environment then that I can't really pin down...

not necessarily.
memory errors are notorious for *not always* breaking the system:
depending on memory alignment and (prior) usage, the content of an
accessed memory block might contain expected data (mostly all NULLs) or
some garbage, leading to crashes.

you would need to compile timpleID with debugging symbols and without
stripping, to see where the problems start.

for whatever reasons, timbreID does not use the pd-lib-builder Makefile
which would make this very simple, but some self-made one.

mgasrd
IOhannes

PS: i was tempted to fix this and open a PR on github, but the
repository contains hundred of megabytes of unneccesary data (compiled
objects of old versions of the library for multiple OS; zipfiles of data
which is also present in the archive,...) which made me bang my head on
the table repeatedly so i gave up doing anything.