[PD] videoPYLON C++ update needed

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 30 00:25:35 CEST 2018

On 8/29/18 11:35 PM, Csaba Láng wrote:

> The other problem is that can not identify within pd the cameras.
> Anything I send to pix_video, fails.
> I called the cams test1 and test2, however [device test1( does not work,
> therefor enumerate as well or enumProp.

???

> It says that a valid device is
> needed, but f I have an image from the camera at startup the patch, why I
> cannot enumerate it.

you need a valid device for [enumProps(, but not for [enumerate(.
you need to hook something like a [print] to the 2nd outlet of
[pix_video] in order to get anything meaningful from these messages.

> unfortunately did not understand your gdb or microsleep select advices.
> please specify

Pd prints an error like "microsleep select: Interrupted system call" on
the console before it hangs here. does something similar happen?

about gdb, something like this should do the trick (i'm sure i've posted
this before):

~~~
$ gdb --args pd -nrt -stderr -lib /path/to/Gen /path/to/pix_video-help.pd
[...]
(gdb) thread apply all bt
(gdb) run
[...make it crash...]