[PD] Slider/Knob

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:53:08 CEST 2018

On 9/8/18, Antoine Rousseau <antoine at metalu.net> wrote:
> too bad, newclick(...) is never called when in edit mode...
> so: no hovering detection when in edit mode, no way to (easily) detect edit
> mode on/off switching... back to the starting point.
> maybe i will... do nothing more ;-)

You could use the select function in the widgetbehavior to draw /
erase an outline with IOlets. A similar thing happens in
iemgui/iem_event (although it only does an outline, no IOlets). So the
outline + IOlets would appear when the object is selected. In
my_canvas the select method is used to switch the outline color but in
iem_event the rectangle is created when the object selected, and
deleted when the object deselected.  Another option is to define
IOlets which consist of outline only and switch outline width between
0 and 1 when (de)selecting.

Katja