[PD] [PD-announce] PD 0.49-0test1 released

JTG III jordanthomasgibbonsiii at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:51:05 CEST 2018

So, this seems to be a thing: Something i'm doing in this patch/system of
patches I've been working on for the last year or so keeps making the
canvas switch into edit mode automatically, including right when I open it
up in which case the window gives no indication of actually being in edit
mode--I had to go turn it on in the edit menu first because it's not
reporting being in edit mode there either, before I can turn it off. It's
possible that I could have been able to toggle it off from the keyboard
menu, I didn't really think to try because I was confused as to what was
happening as I couldn't see any indication that edit mode was on, yet I
kept resizing/breaking gop and data structure canvases whenever I'd click
on anything.
My patch is way too big and confusing to share, but it seems to be somehow
related to messages sent from various subpatches/abstractions when whatever
task is being performed inside is completed. I don't have the time to try
to figure anything out right now, and my attempts to do so in the last hour
or so kept on getting foiled by PD crashing periodically. That could be
related to externals I'm using or something, maybe, but the automatic
switching into edit mode seemed to be originating from something more
Vanilla.
To avoid any further outbursts directed against the mouse or keyboard, I've
switched back to 0.48-2 and things are working normally again, but if need
be I could try to pinpoint the source of the issues some more--preferably
with some sort of hint as to what I should be looking for--when I get back
home later today.