[PD] PD 0.49-0test1 released - Comments

Henri Augusto Bisognini msndohenri at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 18:58:07 CEST 2018

Hi!

I've been testing the intelligent patching features on Win7 and everything is working! It's one of those stuff that can really make you a happier programmer.

Just some comments on stuff:

  1.  I've noticed that PD can't find the help file for [savestate]. I could find it on github [1] but it seems it didn't came with the 0.49-0test1 version. At least it's not present on the "doc/5.reference" folder.
  2.  just a tiny detail but the help patch of pointer still says "updated for Pd version 0.48"
  3.  An enchancement idea for the fan out. Currently the fan out (when you select multiple destination objects and connect a single object to one of them) the connections are made according to the creation order of the objects (that becomes evident when you triggerize). Maybe PD could do it in right-to-left order.

I think this release is big. With all of those new features i don't think I'm ever sleeping again.

Henri.

[1] https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/80b3891537bb3e30e18228afb54858c62c35e9e5/doc/5.reference/savestate-help.pd