[PD] audio reconnect was PD 0.49-0test1 released

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:16:08 CEST 2018

I'm not seeing any of this behavior on macOS. Pd doesn't hang when I unplug my USB audio interface, but it doesn't reconnect or print an error. Trying to reselect it in the audio dialog leads to a hang where the GUI is somewhat responsive but the core is obviously stuck.

> On Sep 11, 2018, at 9:13 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 21:12:51 +0200
> From: "Christof Ressi" <christof.ressi at gmx.at <mailto:christof.ressi at gmx.at>>
> To: "Lucas Cordiviola" <lucarda27 at hotmail.com <mailto:lucarda27 at hotmail.com>>
> Cc: "pd-lista puredata" <pd-list at iem.at <mailto:pd-list at iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [PD-announce] PD 0.49-0test1 released

> thanks for testing! seems like it works fine on Windows. BTW, one big fix I made is that if the audio device gets disconnected (for whatever reason), Pd will not hang but instead try to reconnect and if that fails, close the device gracefully and post an error. if you feel like, you can try it out:
>
> a) just unplug the USB cable and quickly (within about a second) plug it back in: Pd should automatically reconnect.
> b) if you leave it unplugged for a bit longer, Pd will print an error. now plug the cable back in and toggle DSP off/on: the device should be connected again.
>
> Christof

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>