[PD] multiple instances of a patch forbidden in 0.49, why?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 15:17:20 CEST 2018

Much to my alarm, Pd 0.49test3 prevents loading multiple instances of
a patch, and release notes tell us that this is on purpose. Moreover,
when trying to load a patch twice, pd becomes unresponsive in some
cases.

The new behavior is a show stopper for projects that rely on, or
benefit from, loading multiple instances from a patch. As it happens
I'm currently working on such a project. So my questions are: what is
the rationale behind this 'feature', and is it really going to stay?

Katja