[PD] multiple instances of a patch forbidden in 0.49, why?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Sep 22 18:18:42 CEST 2018

On 9/22/18 3:17 PM, katja wrote:
> Much to my alarm, Pd 0.49test3 prevents loading multiple instances of
> a patch, and release notes tell us that this is on purpose.

funnily, i recently worked on a related regression where double-clicking
on a Pd-patch (in your favourite Windows exploder) would start a new
instance of Pd (rather than switching to the current instance and
raising the patch if already opened).

note however, that this regression (fix) is unrelated to what you are
describing.

and i agree that it should be possible to open the same patch multiple
times. esp. on a programmatic layer (that is: by sending messages to Pd).
i guess, when opening an already opened patch from the menu (Ctrl-O), Pd
could *ask* whether this is really intended.

gkmdsar
IOhannes