[PD] Unnecessary scrollbars since 0.49

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 00:06:00 CEST 2018

*sigh* This is really a constant battle. I added a rather overcomplicated method to fix this in 0.48 and found a much simpler way to do it later on, or so I thought. The problem always comes down to the scrollbar logic being triggered when the window is the wrong size while it's still opening.

As for the resizing part, I really could never figure that out. You are WELCOME to try.

> On Sep 22, 2018, at 11:41 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com <mailto:reduzent at gmail.com>>
>
> Hi
>
> It seems there is a slight regression in the logic that decides whether
> to show the scrollbars or not. According to my experience, the
> behaviour in 0.48 was quite good and now sometimes when opening a
> canvas, scrollbars are drawn when none are needed, even for empty
> windows. When editing the patch (for instance: by creating an object)
> they immediately disappear.
> Another less nice side effect: When the canvas size is chosen so that
> objects fit tightly in with only little white space, the scrollbars
> cover some objects and justify their existence by appearing at all. To
> get rid of them one has to resize the window by first increasing it
> enough just to decrease it again.
>
> It does not happen every time with every canvas, but it does happen.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>