[PD] Some patches broken in 0.49test3

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 00:29:04 CEST 2018

Hi Roman,

On 22/09/18 23:19, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry, need to report something probably more serious. Some of my
> patches trigger messages like the following:
>

> (Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x558795b0c400.c"
>      while executing
> ".x558795b0c400.c itemconfigure 558795b682c0LABEL -font {{DejaVu Sans Mono} -11 bold}"
>      ("uplevel" body line 10)
>      invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 $docmds"
>

> Side effects are that sometimes the label of [cnv] is not updated. Or
> the canvas stays blank after dynamically creating stuff and objects are
> only shown after closing the window and opening it again.
You might try my (unfortunately too slow for anything other than
debugging) attempt here:
https://github.com/claudeha/pure-data/tree/gui-tcl-robustness

It may reduce the impact of the error, or perhaps show further errors...
> I don't have a small patch yet that triggers the problem, but will try
> to figure one out.
I reported something possibly-similar here:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/488

toplevel patch contains a
non-GOP abstraction which contains a
GOP abstraction which
sets iemgui properties on loadbang results in
invalid command name tcl error
> BTW.: this is with  0ee284ecfb5215

Claude
--